Community and Conservation Fund
The Community and Conservation Fund is our own Suffolk & Essex Coast & Heaths National Landscape fund. Whether you have a project that works in heritage, media, conservation, learning, health, accessibility, and diversity, to give but a few examples, we welcome your applications!
It primarily grows from our partnership with local businesses and others who raise money on our behalf to support grass roots conservation, access and education projects in the Suffolk & Essex Coast & Heaths National Landscape.
It is also into this fund that all our other donations find their way from individuals or organisations. The geographical area for this fund is the whole of the Suffolk & Essex Coast & Heaths National Landscape.
The Community and Conservation Fund wishes to attract applications from the widest range of society possible and supports equality of opportunities to access this fund.
If there is anything that the Suffolk & Essex Coast & Heaths National Landscape Team can do to facilitate this process, please contact Grants Officer, Oka Last on 01473 265558 or email [email protected].
How much funding can a project apply for?
This is a small grant programme, of typically about £500-£700. Grants of up to 100% can be awarded towards project costs.
When will funded projects be delivered?
In 2023 there will be two rounds of funding available from the Community and Conservation Fund, ensuring this small grant is responsive to the needs of communities and accessible throughout the year. Please see the Application Timeline for more.
The Community and Conservation Fund Application Timeline:
- Opens: 9th January 2023
- Round 1: Grant applications must be received by 24th February 2023. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by late March 2023 and may begin project delivery from April 2023
- Round 2: Cancelled due to all funds available being distributed in Round 1 of applications - for a possible alternative grant to apply to see the Amenity and Accessibility Fund Round 2
- All projects must be completed by 13th March 2024
For more information and advice about the Community and Conservation Fund, and to discuss project ideas, please contact Grants Officer Oka Last on 01473 265558 or by email.
To donate to the Community & Conservation Fund please send a cheque (payable to Suffolk County Council) to our office, marked for the attention of Oka Last.
Previous projects supported:
- 2023-24 Funded Projects (PDF)
- 2022-23 Funded Projects (PDF)
- 2021-22 Funded Projects (PDF)
- 2020-21 Funded Projects (Word document)
- 2019-20 Funded Projects (Word document)
- 2018-19 Funded Projects (Word document)
- 2017-18 Funded Projects (Word document)
- 2016-17 Funded Projects (PDF)
- 2015-16 Funded Projects (Word document)
- 2014-15 Funded Projects (Word document)
- 2013-14 Funded Projects (PDF)
- 2012-13 Funded Projects (Word document)